COVID-19 Response / Temporarily Closed For In-Person Apts
Effective 6PM March 17, 2020 we have made the decision to temporarily close our doors for hands on patient care to help prevent the spread of this virus. We believe this is the best decision to make for the safety of our patients, team and the broader community.
For urgent care or virtual appointments (rehab focused) you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online booking currently available for appointments after April 5th.
March 8, 2020
We continue to keep the clinic open and the message below outlines the steps we are taking to ensure we can continue to provide care to you and your family.
At ASCENT, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working diligently to evaluate and respond to the recommendations from Alberta Health Services.
To begin with, we want to emphasize our first priority is, and has always been, the health and well being of our patients. We are grateful for your ongoing support and trust in us as we navigate these challenges, respond accordingly, and provide you with a safe and clean space.
- We added 10 minutes buffer between each appointment. This is to ensure we have enough time to fully sanitize the room, all equipment and wash our hands between patients. It also reduces the number of patients in the clinic at one time to further enable social distancing
- The front desk will no longer accept cash.
- Water cups will be handed out on an individual basis.
- We are asking patients to wash their hands before and after their appointments in the washroom next to the clinic, using paper towel to open the doors on the way out.
- Yoga and Kinstretch classes are cancelled until further notice.
We request that patients not to come into the clinic if:
- the patient has traveled outside Canada since February 27, 2020
- the patient has a fever, cough and/or nausea
- the patient had close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- the patient had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who was in mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Iran, South Korea, Japan or Italy effective February 27, 2020
- If you have traveled outside Canada or have any of the above listed symptoms to self-isolate and call Health Link 811.
If you are concerned you can take the COVID SELF ASSESSMENT TEST
This is a fast-moving situation where new information is coming in daily, and we expect to reevaluate our response regularly. We are listening to the heath authorities and take their recommendations very seriously.
Our goal is to safeguard the health and well-being of all our patients during this unsettling time.
As we shared with our team earlier, we do not want to give into fear, but to make smart and informed decisions. We also want to continue to stay positive and connected to one another even in this time of creating physical distance.
May we lean into the good stuff that remains and support one another.